You may be content with your yard and how it compliments your home, but you are not too excited about your chain link fence. Well, the following are 3 ways to revitalize your chain link fence, which should go a long way in how you feel about it; this should also boost your curb appeal.
1. Beautify With Plants
One of the benefits of a chain link fence is the holes in between every connection, which are the perfect place to let vine-like plants grow; this should dramatically change the way your fence appears. You can consider all kinds of vine-like plants, like the following:
- Zephirine Climbing Rose: This is a flowering plant, and the color is pastel pink.
- Climbing Hydrangea: You should consider this plant if you want a strong and pleasant aroma to radiate around your home.
- Clematis: A climbing vine that crisscrosses well and is best suited if you want privacy.
You can also consider fruit-bearing vines that will grow fruit, like goji berries or grapes. Just make sure that the fruit you are considering can grow in the region where you live.
2. Cover Your Fence Up
Consider the following:
- Use thin wooden planks, screws with bolts, and a screwdriver to cover the fence up. This is cost effective, and you get to upgrade your fence to a wooden fence.
- Try to install awnings over your fence, which should open you up to all kinds of patterns and options that you might like.
Both of these solutions come with a bonus, which is that they can easily be removed if the chain link fence needs some repairing or cleaning from time to time.
3. Get Creative With Your Fence
One thing that you can do is add artwork over the wooden planks if you want to go that route, or you can also consider using architectural fabric (usually made of mesh or chain links), which is flexible material that can be intertwined on your chain link fence in whatever pattern you want. This should definitely give you an opportunity to express your unique and artistic side. This can be purchased online or from your local hardware store, though you can also just talk to a chain link specialist about this, too. He or she will also be able to give you some other ideas.
As you can see, your chain link fencing is more than just functional or economical if you choose to look at its potential.