Kids Decorate Your Windows With Stickers And Hand Prints? Get Them Cleaned Fast With These Simple Solutions
You open your curtains and discover that your children have plastered stickers all over the windows. Not only that, but they've also gotten sticky hand prints on them. You want to scream but decide to look for easy ways to get them cleaned instead. You're in luck because there are lots of natural ways to remove the stickers and get your windows crystal clear again. Here's a handy guide to cleaning your windows.
Removing The Stickers
The first thing you'll need to do is get rid of the stickers. You could sit there scraping them, but that will leave a sticky residue that's going to be tough to get off. Instead, use this all natural method that will get rid of the stickers and the sticky residue.
Supplies You'll Need
- Non-stick cook spray
- Razor blade
- Paper towel
- Spray the non-stick cook spray on the stickers.
- Leave it to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Use your razor blade to gently scrape the sticker off your window.
- Wipe the area clean with your paper towel.
- The sticker will lift off in one piece.
Clean Up The Sticky Hand Prints
Now that the stickers have been removed from your windows, it's time to make quick work of the sticky hand prints your kids left all over the windows. Don't reach for the store bought cleaners that might not get rid of the sticky mess. Instead, you can make your own window cleaner that will get rid of any hand prints your kids are going to leave.
Supplies You'll Need
- 2 cups of rubbing alcohol
- 1 gallon of water
- ¾ cup of ammonia
- 1 tablespoon of liquid dish detergent
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 gallon storage container with lid.
- Spray bottle
- Fine steel wool
- Soft cloth
- Pour your water and rubbing alcohol into a bucket.
- Add your ammonia and mix the solution well.
- Add the dish detergent and lemon juice to the bucket.
- Fill a spray bottle with the cleaning solution.
- Spray the solution onto your windows and allow it to sit for a minute or two.
- Spray a small amount of the cleaning solution on your steel wool and scrub your windows in a circular pattern.
- Wipe the windows clean with your soft cloth.
- Pour the remaining solution into your 1 gallon container and store for future use.
You don't have to fret when your kids decorate your windows with stickers and dirty hands. Keep these cleaning supplies on hand so you'll be prepared for all your window cleaning adventures.
If you've just got new windows and want to learn more about the best ways to keep them clean, talk to a company like Victorville Glass Co Inc for help.